Types of Network:-
Types of the network are categorized on the basis of there area and distance the covered. They are basically formed into three types. These types are:
LAN (Local Area Network)
MAN (Metropolitan Area Network)
WAN (Wide/ World Area Network)
Classifications by Scale:-
LAN (LOCAL AREA NETWORK):-
- A local space network (LAN) could be a network that connects computers and devices in an exceedingly restricted geographic area like a home, school, building or closely positioned cluster of buildings.
- Each pc or device on the network could be a node.
- Wired LANs are presumably supported local area network technology
- Topologies utilized by LAN are:- Bus and Ring
- Advantages:- Low Delay, High reliableness
MAN (METROPOLITAN AREA NETWORK):-
- It is comparatively larger than LAN and extends across a town or a metropolitan.
- It is created by connecting 2 or a lot of LANs situated at totally different locations in an exceeding town
WAN (WIDE/WORLD AREA NETWORK):-
- A wide space network (WAN) could be a network that covers an oversized geographical area like a town, country, or spans even worldwide distances.
- A WAN uses a communications channel that mixes many sorts of media like phone lines, cables, and airwaves.
- A WAN usually makes use of transmission facilities provided by common carriers, like phone corporations.
- One of the foremost distinguished samples of the present WANs is the web.